Important Dates to Remember for the 2023 General Municipal Election
The 2023 General Municipal Election is approaching. If you have not registered to vote or you want to know when you can vote absentee, please refer to the following dates below:
Voter Registration Deadline
Tuesday, October 11, 2022 , at 4:00 p.m. (1600) Eastern Time at the voter registration office. Or 11:59 pm online.
Application to Vote Absentee
(this is for the application to allow you to vote absentee.)
Begins September 24, 2022. The deadline to return the application is October 27, 2022.
Absentee Ballot by Mail
Begins September 24, 2022
Must be in the clerk's office BY October 27, 2022
If you plan on mailing your ballot, please plan ahead to ensure the ballot is received in the clerk's office by the day of the General Election.
Absentee Voting in Person
Begins Wednesday, October 12, 2022 . Please refer to the information below. A map of each location is located at Vote Center Locations.
Early Voting Dates and Time
- Monday, October 16th – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Tuesday, October 17th thru Friday, October 20th - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Monday, October 23rd – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Tuesday, October 24th thru Friday, October 27th – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Saturday, October 28th – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen, Elkhart, Middlebury, and Nappanee
- Monday, October 30th – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Tuesday, October 31st thru Friday, November 3rd – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen and Elkhart
- Saturday, November 4th – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Goshen, Elkhart, Middlebury, and Nappanee
- Monday, November 6th – 8 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Noon) – Goshen and Elkhart
Early Vote Center Locations
- Goshen – Goshen First Presbyterian Church, East Lincoln Ave., Goshen, between 5th and 6th Streets, North 5th St. parking lot
- Elkhart – Lincoln Center, 608 Oakland Avenue, Elkhart*
*(report to the reception desk on the first floor to be directed to the voting room)
- Middlebury - Middlebury Church of the Brethren, 507 Bristol Ave. (Sat., Oct. 28th and Sat., Nov. 4th ONLY)
- Nappanee - First Brethren Church, 1600 N. Main St. (Sat., Oct. 28th and Sat., Nov. 4th ONLY)
Registration Deadlines for military and overseas voters:
November 7, 2022